Enterprise Sales Engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
Enterprise Sales Engineer
Ready for an opportunity to make a significant impact with a disruptive tech company while boosting your presales career? Zettar has been setting world records annually since 2016 and achieved a historical 1st in 2019. It is the winner of the fiercely competitive Supercomputing Asia 2019 Data Mover Challenge, the only international competition at the highest level of this kind in the most recent decade. Bottom line: if you have unbounded drive, a conviction in the need of modern data mover software, and love to win like we do, let’s talk!
Zettar is looking for an Enterprise Sales Engineer to provide technical direction and business guidance to Zettar’s sales team. This is a sales engineering role also responsible for demonstrating and advising prospects on Zettar’s data mover software solutions. Your responsibilities will include working with both large enterprise and other high priority customers and prospects to analyze their requirements, configure and present software demonstrations, propose solutions, and helping respond to RFPs/RFIs. You must thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment, and be willing to wear multiple hats and to travel (approx. 20%).
- Articulates the Zettar’s capabilities and unique strengths in the context of customer needs.
- Manage technical sales related tasks as needed, such as developing sales support documents and software demonstration
- Manage and lead proof of concept evaluations.
- Assists in the analysis, design, and development of well integrated data movement solutions.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and subject matter expertise on Zettar’s products, distributed architectures, file systems, computing, networking (and network security, e.g. firewalls), and competitive offerings in the data mover software application space.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
- Serves as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications within the target industries and market segments.
- Successfully builds relationships with the partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages Zettar’s resources and expertise as appropriate.
- Leads technical sales calls
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process, and funding.
- 5-7 years of sales engineering experience preferably in a software environment. A definitive plus if you have sold competitive data mover products.
- Driven – need for success, highly energetic, with a hands-on and “can do” approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a fundamental breadth of and stay current with technical knowledge in data management, storage, computing, networking, and network security.
- Enterprise Cloud software/SaaS technical sales experience a plus.
- Experience mapping RFI/RFP requirements to software solutions.
- Experience scoping, managing, and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Entrepreneurial – willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful with a “get it done” attitude
- Good business acumen and experience working with CXO, VP, and Sr. director level personnel, bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.
- Smart, adaptable, and open-minded.
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow through.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.