Enterprise Account Executive - San Francisco Bay Area or Remote
Enterprise Account Executive
The Enterprise Account Executives (EAEs) will have ownership of all elements of bookings growth and account development within their respective targeted strategic accounts. This includes discovering and developing new opportunities, managing pipeline, executing account strategies, and managing customer expansion. An EAE must be quota-driven, strategically focusing on introducing and broadening Zettar’s presence within targeted accounts at all levels while working with other members of Zettar team and Zettar Partners to exceed sales objectives. Given the world’s exponential data growth, this is your opportunity to build a team selling foundational products for the 4th pillar of modern IT: moving data at scale and speed. The job may require travel in the U.S. (approximately 20%).
The successful candidate needs to show a history of sales excellence through impressive strategic account acquisition and development, pipeline growth, efficient qualification, creative and consistent hard work. Experience selling enterprise data mover software into the distributed date-intensive businesses is strongly preferred.
Zettar has been setting world records annually since 2016 and achieved a historical 1st in 2019. It is also the winner of the fiercely competitive Supercomputing Asia 2019 Data Mover Challenge, the only international competition at the highest level of this kind in the most recent decade. If you’re ready to sell data mover products with illustrious accomplishments, then this is it.
Essential to success in this role is a keen ability to exceed annual ACV bookings quota by landing greenfield accounts and expanding existing client usage. Zettar provides support and tools for you to leverage to exceed sales performance goals. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including the C-Suite as well as functional leaders. You are capable of initiating these conversations and leading the deal to conclusion with large distributed data-intensive businesses. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge. In this position you would be working very closely with the founder and founding members and have significant influence on sales team expansions, decisions, and initiatives. Furthermore, early on there are no territory restrictions.
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales
presentation addressing their business needs.
- Help formulate strategy to develop, grow, and manage targeted mix of Fortune 500 accounts
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Lead expansion in currently identified market place, while also identifying new markets and helping lead expansion.
- Co-sell and strategize with partners and VARs to enable rapid growth
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify Zettar customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process.
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- 7 to 10 years of sales experience in enterprise software.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems together with the competitive landscape.
- Ability to discuss technical software capabilities and features at a functional level.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Strong Rolodex of customers, channels, and tech partners to leverage in the data mover or related (e.g. storage) software applications.
- Understanding of hybrid cloud, cloud technology, and cloud computing, specifically within AWS, Azure, and GCP and their private cloud
- A “Hunter” – strong strategic planning skills, with demonstrated ability to identify new markets and avenues for sales.
- A “Closer” – track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
- Excellence in delivering presentations and other sales actions remotely via phone and video conferencing, or in-person meetings with multiple
- Creativity around use cases for cloud technology and deal frameworks.
- An appreciation for the challenges of working in a start-up, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude toward getting tasks accomplished in a team
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow through.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.