Zettar® Inc. is the world's first company that created a complete hybrid-cloud technology (U.S. patent pending) for enterprise big data. Our innovation in this regard is recognized by many. For example, Zettar is a STRUCTURE 2010 LaunchPad Finalist, and the only bootstrapped enterprise cloud storage infrastructure software startup among the winners.
Founded by server infrastructure experts and Web Hosting industry veterans, Zettar is privately held and located in Mountain View, California.
Currently, we have the following openings:
Senior Software Developer
- Proven experience and skill in developing software in the Linux programming environment (CentOS, Scientific Linux, Fedora, and Ubuntu)
- Strong in test-driven design
- Seasoned in using standard development and documentation tools, for example gcc, g++, gdb, ddd, GNU Make, GNU Emacs, vim, sed, awk, clang, Code::Blocks, CodeLite, CMake, CPack, CTest, subversion version control system., git, doxygen, markdown, restructuredtext etc.
- Expert in modern C++, including C++11 (OO in conjunction with generic programming)
- Experienced in using Boost Libraries (Zettar always uses the latest) in general with emphasis on the Boost.Asio.
- Experienced in multi-threaded programming and networking programming using Boost.Thread and Boost.Asio libraries
- Understanding about REST Web Services
- Proficient in the use of Boost.Test for unit testing
- Excellent technical communication skills (verbal and written)
- Competent in using alternative computing platforms: Microsoft Windows, Apple MacOS X, various BSD Unices (e.g. FreeBSD)
- BSCS or better, or equivalent
- Understanding about the HTTP protocol (HTTP 1.0/1.1) up to the level of being able to discuss the meaning and implementation of various sections of RFC 2616, and the ability to trace protocol traffic using tools such as wireshark.
- Experience in implementing custom HTTP server engines
- Experience in using and programming storage clouds, for example AWS S3, Google Storage for developers, and Microsoft Azure Storage Service – Blob Services
- A daring, no-fear attitude
Qualified and interested candidates should send their resumes to Jobs: email@example.com
Note, we are looking for engineers, not hackers. We despise hacks, we love excellent engineering. Before applying, we urge you to review the 14 Rules of Management by the legendary American aeronautical engineer, Kelly Johnson, the Chief Engineer of the fabulous Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird - you can't hack up such an airplane. It must be "engineered"!
Note that great engineering doesn't mean slowness. Kelly Johnson's team created the first operational jet fighter, the Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star, for the United States Army Air Forces in 143 days in 1943! They had only slide-rules back then!
True fast development comes from excellent engineering, not coffee + all night hackathon.